Using and Differences Between ‘Like’ and ‘As’
LIKE, as a preposition, is used:
-> before a noun or pronom
-> to say that two things are similar,
they behave 0r operate inthe same way.
- Bill works likea slave.
- The children swim like fish.
- Jack smokes like a chimney!
- The teacher speaks like a robot!
- The boy runs Ilkea here.
- it wasn’t like the one I had before.
- It was a small animal like a mouse.
As,as a preposition, is used:
-> before a noun or a pronoun
-> to refer to jobs or functions, the role of a person or the use of something
- My brother works as an accountant
- The autor is respected as a writer.
- Asa parent, let me tell you …
- He reacted u a doctor should.
- The letter was used as evidence.
- Thenews cameasashock.
- Sam used his shoe as a hammer.
Please follow the list;