Uses of ‘There is’ and ‘There are’
Uses of and differences between;
“There is“ – is used with the following subjects;
- singular nouns
- uncountable nouns
- 3rd person singular (he, she. my mother, my sister, etc.)
– There is my on the comer.
– There is a lot of in the street. There must have been a flood.
– There is a big cat in frontgogmy house.
“There are” – is used with the followm subjects:
3rd person plural (they. my slsters. therdogs, the students. etc.)
- There are many people sitting on thetbench.
- There are many dogs in the street-
- There are sites on the lntemet that are really good.