English Conversations on the Phone – Examples
It is common that English speakers make phone calls either for business reasons or personal affairs. These are expressions you can use in your conversations on the phone.
– You ‘ve reached company/department.
– How can I help you?
– Can I speak to Mr/Mrs-….?
– Could I speak to …. please?
– Who shall I say is calling?
– Who’s calling, please?
– Who’s speaking?
– It’s Mr/Mrs …. here.
– It’s Mr/Mrs …. speaking.
– Mr/Mrs …. speaking
– Please hold and I’ll put you through.
-Iust a second. l’ll see if s/he is in.
-Hang on for a moment.